Catherine, a youth member of our church, in conjunction with our Regional Youth Group, has been working hard over the last year to prepare for her upcoming mission trip.
She has been attending monthly meetings where they have studied such things as the history, culture and politics of Nicaragua; the difference between justice and charity; how to travel and live respectfully in a developing country; and the difference between good and bad development.
The group will be leaving on June 30th and would like to take some items with them. There are a number of donations that we are looking for. They include:
. gimp (plastic lacing for making bracelets) in different colours
· craft thread in different colours (for making bracelets)
· skipping ropes
· children’s balls of different sizes
· bags of beads
· googley eyes
· craft glue
· craft scissors
· dollar store socks for hand puppets (lots)
· soccer balls, pumps with needles, baseball gloves, baseballs and bats, basketballs and volleyballs
· used (or new!) laptops
· eye glasses
· toiletries (hotel sample size)
· bandaids, over-the-counter pain medicine, antibiotic ointment, medical supplies
If you are able to donate any items, please contact the church at 905-936-3091 or email us at [email protected] no later than June 15th, 2015.
We ask for your ongoing prayer support during these final weeks of preparation, and while we are in Nicaragua.